Friday 4 March 2022

Repaired FZ1000 2


I recently had an email from someone who said they'd noticed that in recent months I was using my Lumix FZ1000 2 pretty much to the exclusion of my other cameras. That's true and the reason is that during last year it developed an intermittent then a more regular fault: namely it sometimes refused to change focal lengths by either of the two methods available to the user. Not until that occurred at a frequency that enabled me to show it to the store I bought it from, and let them experience the problem, did I do anything about it. They sent it for repair which took a month. Since then I've been keen to confirm that the repair is long lasting by using the camera a lot. I'm now at the point where I'm confident it has been properly fixed.

Today's photograph is one in my continuing series of interesting cafe interiors. Groin vaulting, blank arcades of the Norman period, and a floor made of massive tiles of great age are just a few of the attractions in this cafe located in the former cloisters of Worcester Cathedral.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: Lumix FZ1000 2