Wednesday 16 March 2022

Flags and electrolier


I remember the time when I thought that digital cameras had started to produce photographs that were technically better than those possible with 35mm film. My recent purchase of a new phone demonstrated that the digital photographs that it produces are bettter than the "compact" digital cameras of only a few years ago. Since I don't change my phone very often it could be that the date phones surpassed compacts was even earlier than I imagine. I took several shots with my phone to test its competency and show this one as an example of what it can achieve. The electrolier and flags were in the window of an antique shop, and the colours, reflections and glowing filaments made a composition that appealed to me.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: iPhone