Monday 29 May 2023

Razorbills


Looking back through my archives I find that I last photographed guillemots in April 1984. This was at Bempton Cliffs, Yorkshire. At that time I also photographed guillemots, puffins, kittiwakes and gannets. I have a memory (though no photographs) of seeing guillemots, black guillemots, razorbills and other sea birds, including fulmars, nesting at St Bee's Head, Cumbria, in 1999. Looking through my shots of razorbills I find that the eye of these birds is so dark that it barely shows up on any of my photographs. When I called up the Google Images photographs of this bird I find that other photographers have the same problem. It makes them look a little odd.

The photographs above were taken at Stackpole Head, Pembrokeshire.

photos © T. Boughen     Camera: Nikon P900