Wednesday 23 June 2021

Industrial units and petri dishes


When I looked over the fence at these industrial units in Ross on Wye what caught my eye was the lines on every surface - on the walls, on the ground and even in the sky. On the ground I liked the way the parking bay lines ran the opposite way to the lines on the near metal walls. When I looked closer I realized the aircraft vapour trails paralleled the lines on the distant unit. Then I counted the vapour trails and lamented that the number of such trails seemed to be increasing daily, a sign that more and more people were putting their own self-interest and desire for a foreign holiday above the world's wider interest and I imagined each aircraft that passed over as a flying petri dish.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: Nikon D5300