Wednesday 20 December 2023

Christmas tree decorations


Each time I see a Christmas tree that is "tastefully" decorated I cringe. By tastefully decorated I mean a tree that has multiple examples of the same cololoured baubles. I've seen lots this year - one with only the same silver and blue baubles, one with only the same matt red and glossy red baubles, one with only gold baubles and silver masks - I could go on. I abhor such minimalist "tasteful" (!) tree decoration. I much prefer trees with a wide range of baubles and other hangings that have grown up over the years, and including child-made decorations dating from years past. That being the case it will come as no surprise that our tree exhibits the latter kind of decoration, as shown in the photograph.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: iPhone