Saturday 1 January 2022

Underneath the M50


The M50 is a short, two-lane (in each direction) motorway that stretches from its junction with the M5 to its junction with the A40 trunk road near Ross on Wye. Recently we had a short walk to look at a pair of former gravel pits, now a nature reserve, next to the River Severn where it passes under the M50. The road goes over the river on a steel bridge that is reached on each side by a viaduct on concrete supports.

Photographically speaking this man-made structure was considerably more interesting than the man-made reserve and so I took a few photographs of it. The out-of-camera shots looked as though they would convert well to black and white and I think they have.


 

This exercise made me realise that I didn't do many black and whites in 2021 so I've made a mental note to do so this year.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: Lumix FZ1000 2