Saturday 27 February 2021

Lockdown High Street, Ross on Wye


The terms of the most recent Covid 19 lockdown severely restrict the circumstances under which people may leave their home. For someone of my age the two main reasons are shopping and physical exercise. I combine photography with the latter. But, a further restriction - the requirement to remain "local" to my home - limits the subjects on which I can focus my camera. Consequently one has to look more carefully at the immediate surroundings and search out subjects that, in more relaxed circumstances, might not be considered worthy of a shot. Not a bad discipline. Today's image was taken because of the way the sunlight was reflected from buildings across the street and from the damp road and pavements. The normally busy High Street at Ross on Wye is usually thronged with shoppers and visitors but on this occasion there were only two.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: Lumix FZ1000 2