Saturday 28 March 2020

Changes to this blog

This blog usually updates on alternate days. It automatically selects and posts the blog written for that particular date. I write the posts up to three weeks ahead, in blocks, and leave automation to do the rest. However, the coronavirus restrictions now disrupt my planning and I am running out of posts. I have to restrict where I go, and how frequently, and consequently I have not taken as many photographs as usual. So, what I plan to do is search through my catalogue of photographs from the past twenty or so years - from the time I changed to digital photography - and post those alongside any recent shots I manage to get. Here is the first one from the archives. If you are interested when such shots were taken I'll be putting the date at the end of the post near the camera details.

The photograph shows a wind farm in the North Sea off Skegness, Lincolnshire. We visited, I recall, on a particularly calm, bright day as a sea mist was starting to clear. The blades were not turning and one unco-operative turbine was not even facing the right way. Perhaps the small maintenance boat was there to sort out the problem. I took a few other shots that day with dog walkers giving foreground interest. I liked this composition because its symmetry was broken by the gulls that were gently rising and falling as the waves rolled in.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: Nikon D5300