Monday 17 February 2020

The Soul Fixers

On a recent trip to Blackheath, London, I tried my hand at what I think of as "minimalist concert photography". We had gone to see the rock/blues/soul band, "The Soul Fixers". Why these London-based part-timers? Well, the bass player is not unknown to my wife and I! The camera I used was the Sony RX100 (the first of the series) and I was grateful for its bright lens that allowed me workable shutter speeds in the dark


concert environment. Had there not been professional photographers at work I'd have moved from my seat to get some shots. But, I didn't want to add to the distractions for band and audience so I took my shots from my front row seat. They are better than I expected, though I'm sure they would have been eclipsed by my Olympus camera and lenses. Perhaps I'll use these next time. And the band? Excellent as ever!

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: Sony DSC-RX100