Tuesday 16 July 2019

Paddington railway terminus

When I lived in north-west England I arrived in London by rail at Euston station. After I moved to East Yorkshire King's Cross station became my point of arrival in the capital. A return to living in the north-west re-acquainted me with Euston, and a re-location to Eastern England took me back to King's Cross. My most recent move, to Herefordshire, means that I now arrive in London at Paddington station, a terminus that I don't know particularly well. Consequently, on a recent visit to London I took a few minutes to walk around Brunel's building, much of which dates from 1854. The photograph shows the main 102 feet wide main span of the train shed. There are two flanking spans each about 70 feet in width.

photo © T. Boughen     Camera: Sony DSC-RX100